Can you provide step by step setup authentication for facebook?
I am using Datalife engine 10.4 and want to use Facebook to login to my website but I don't really know how to set it up, can you provide step by step setup login for Facebook please? Added by: askme in Others on 7-02-2015, 06:53
Setup register and login via facebook is quite simple, all you need is create new app on facebook developer page (you can also follow screenshot steps below)
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Click on "+ Add a New App"
- Select "Website"
- Type in app name, example "MySiteLogin" and click "Create New Facebook App ID"
- Select "Apps for Pages" under "Category" and click "Create App ID"
- in next page under "Tell us about your website" type in your website URL for both "Site URL" and "Mobile Site URL" and click "Next"
- Now click on "My Apps" on top menu,
:::: After this click it will take you to your main apps page and you will see list of your apps, click on your "App name", example "MySiteLogin"
- in Dashboard page of your App, you will see "App ID" and "App Secret" both numbers will be needed for your site later
- Click on "Settings" link from left menu
- Fill in "App Domains", "Namespace" and "Contact Email" and click "Save Changes"
- Click "Status & Review" from left menu
- Click "Yes/No" button next to your App to enable this app for public access otherwise your users will not be able to login or register on your website if app is not enabled
- Now go back to your site admin cp and go to "Setting up social networks" and enable "Enable authentication using the Facebook"
- Input "Application ID on Facebook" and "The private/secret key on Facebook" and click "Save"
That's all you need, now your users will be able to register and login via Facebook from your site
Answered by: dlefaq
Would you like to leave your comment? Please Login
to your account to leave comments. Don't have an account? You can create a free account