Is there an advantage to upgrading to Datalife Engine 10.5? I don't think I can do it because of two things, XFields and JPlayer both of which I am lost to reinstall.,,
I just would like to know if I should go through the stress of it or just wait and use the version I have 10.4 Added by: Kathryn in CSS Questions on 2-08-2015, 15:28
what you need for all steps are...
- backup files and database on your server
- upload and replace files on your server with dle 10.5 script files
- run upgrade via http://site.com/upgrade/index.php
- after that login to dle admin cp and clear smartcache, rebuild relatednews
- upgrade theme using this instruction
- install bullet energy using this tutorial:
Look for section: Install Bullet Energy 1.3 after upgraded DLE script to new version
- skip step #1
- on step #3 use "DLE 10.4" instruction
Also in the bottom use step "Datalife Engine 10.4 ONLY" it's for 10.5 will use the same file...
- clear bullet energy cache and recalculate statistics...
- if you use any hacks or modules you may need to reinstall them if any of them require script modifications, xfields and jplayer will not require any installation of modifications Answered by: yorismith
Would you like to leave your comment? Please Login
to your account to leave comments. Don't have an account? You can create a free account